G EDU Categories
🏆 Professional 🕑 11 ⚙️ Hybrid
Knee flexibility and strength are crucial to avoiding and relieving knee pain. This Course provides all the tools needed to understand how the knee works and design a knee conditioning prevention program. The Knee Injury Prevention Specialist Course examines the biomechanical complexities of stabilization exercises as a prerequisite to the general strengthening of the knee and the surrounding musculature for rehab patients, athletes and other fitness enthusiasts. The Course provides a good stability training program for the knees to help prevent injury and optimize knee function and performance. The Knee Injury Prevention Specialist course will help you to market yourself to existing and new clients – helping them with preventative knee musculature training.
Knee Injury Prevention Specialist
GMP Big Advantage – Hybrid Course – Online content with a book. You get instant access to the online part of the course so you can dive in and start learning right away, while the required book is shipped to you. Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book.
✓ Course Book
✓ Abridged Workbook
✓ Client Session Plan Collection
✓ Agility, Strength, Flexibility Charts
✓ Trainer & Client Charts
✓ Resource Videos & Articles
✓ Lesson Plan Steps
✓ Final Exam and Instant Grading
✓ Certificate of Completion
✓ Book – included in the price
Note: A shipping charge will apply
Big Bonus: Specialist Designation
✓ After successful completion of the final exam, you will earn the Professional Designation of Knee Injury Prevention Specialist on your certificate
✓ Your Specialist Designation does not expire and there NO FEES to keep your Credential current
✓ Unlimited Final Exam Retakes
✓ Education Tech Support
✓ All of our online courses have Lifetime—24/7 access to complete
Related Course Options
✓ The Knee Injury Prevention Specialist CD with all ALL Course Components – Optional Purchase
✓ Downloadable or Printed Expanded Course Workbook – Optional Purchase
The Expanded Course Workbook is designed to help you present your results, check your understanding of the material and reinforce important topics from the course. This learning tool is full of descriptions and demonstrations of the techniques discussed in the course. It will help you retain the course information better and prepare you for the exam.
Note: You will have an opportunity to purchase these items in the secured area of the GMP Fitness Online Learning Platform after you buy the course. Shipped by FedEx or USPS. Shipping charges may apply.
• Amplify knowledge of the anatomy of the knee and common knee pain.risk factors.
• Identify ligament, tendon, meniscus and other acute and traumatic injuries.
• Expand knowledge on bursitis, tendinitis and other overuse injuries.
• Recognize knee pain in children and adults.
• Reinforce the importance of all aspects of exercise including stretching.
• Knowledge of when to refer a client to their physician.
• Increased understanding of medical alternatives for clients.
• Acquire a better understanding of knee mechanics and risks for injury.
• Teach clients in prevention strategies to reduce the risk of knee injury.
• Understand the types of treatment for knee pain.
• Discover how to enhance your clients’ workout with conditioning exercises to help prevent knee injuries.
• Understand the significance of scientifically based decision making in the measurement and management of knee disorders.
• Understand the normal and injury mechanics of the knee.
• Explain the risk factors associated with knee disorders.
• Define 20 ways to be good to your knees.
• Learn which Sports are most and least likely to hurt your knees.
• Provide appropriate instructional cues for proper exercise techniques.
• Develop an exercise program that contains safe knee exercises and be able to correctly adjust and advance the exercises.
• Find out hamstring strength exercises for a balanced knee.
• Discover abduction and adductor strength exercises for inner knee stability.
• Learn exercises for combating knee hypermobility.
• Identify programming modifications that fitness professionals can employ when instructing clients with specific musculoskeletal restrictions.
• Demonstrate how to correctly execute various knee prevention exercises without equipment, with a Stability Ball or a Resistance Band.
Accreditations & Certification Board Approvals
GMP Fitness is proud to be nationally approved and accredited by the following organizations. If you do not see your certification company in the list below—please contact GMP Fitness at 888-467-3488 or email email@example.com (or click here). The course may be pending approval.
✓ ACTION Certification—ACTION—1.1
✓ American Council on Exercise—ACE—0.9
✓ American College of Sports Medicine—ACSM—11
✓ Athletics and Fitness Association of America—AFAA—11
✓ American Fitness Professionals Association—AFPA—11
✓ British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association—BCRPA—11
✓ The Cooper Institute—CI—11
✓ International Fitness Professionals Association—IFPA—11
✓ International Tennis Performance Association*—ITPA—11
✓ International Sports Sciences Association—ISSA—11
✓ International Tennis Performance Association—ITPA*—7
✓ National Academy of Sports Medicine—NASM—1.1
✓National Association for Fitness Certification—NAFC—1.1
✓ National Association of Sports Nutrition—NASN—11
✓ National Council on Strength and Fitness—NCSF—4.5
✓ National Council For Certified Personal Trainers—NCCPT—1.1
✓ National Exercise Trainers Association—NETA—.1
✓ National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association—NESTA*—1.1
✓ National Federation of Professional Trainers—NFPT—2.0
✓ National Strength Professionals Association—NSPA—11
✓ Professional Fitness Instructor Training—PFIT—11
✓ American Senior Fitness Association—SFA—1.1
✓ World Instructor Training Schools—WITS—11
ACE (American Council on Exercise)—If you are an ACE Certified Professional and would like to earn CECs for this course please email or call GMP Fitness to find out if this course is going through the approval process.
*NESTA (National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association)—accepts GMP Fitness courses for credits, There MAY be a petition fee.
*ITPA (The International Tennis Performance Association)—ITPA members can earn continuing credits for their certifications through GMP Fitness.
GMP Fitness Exam Facts
✓ Online true/false and/or multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Online exam instructions.
✓ You must pass the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
✓ You can save your final exam if you cannot complete it in one sitting.
✓ Immediate grading and test results.
✓ Instant download to your certificate of achievement.
3 Simple Steps To Get Your Certificate
1. Pass the online final exam.
2. Automatic certificate generation.
3. Download your CEC/CEU Certificate.
Do I get continuing education credits?
You will receive CEUs/CECs credit after you pass the final exam.
How long do I have access to the Specialist Curriculum?
You will have lifetime access to this Specialization Program. There are no time limits or constrictions in this course and you are welcome to revisit the materials as many times as you like.
How long does it take to complete the course?
There is no time limit to complete the course, but we do recommend that you complete the specialist program within 1 year after registration. The length of time required to complete a specific program depends on the individuals’ dedication and available time to study.
Professional (P) Course Prerequisites
Just One Prerequisite … To qualify to take any of the GMP Fitness Courses you must be at least 18 years of age. See our FAQs for more information.
• Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals.
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service, you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-467-3488.
Knee Injury Prevention Specialist Testimonials
Nancy Fisher, ACE Certified Professional
Shanna Tvenstrup, AFPA Certified Professional
Nicholas Card, WITS/AFPA Certified Professional
Shawn Maple, AFPA Certified Professional
Christopher Shkreli, NFPT Certified Professional
Jessica Lacommare, AFPA Certified Professional
Kelsey Sterling, AFPA Certified Professional
Colleen Martin, ACE Certified Professional
Nick A. Peña, AFPA Certified Professional
Elise, ACE Certified Professional