G EDU Categories
🏆 Professional 🕑 11 💻 Online
Many people suffer from back injury problems. Some are caused by accidents, infections or congenital defects, however, the majority of back problems are preventable. This Course provides all the tools needed to understand how the back works and design a back conditioning prevention program. The Back Injury Prevention Specialist Course examines the biomechanical complexities of stabilization exercises as a prerequisite to the general strengthening of the back and the surrounding musculature for rehab patients, athletes and other fitness enthusiasts. It provides a good stability training program for the back to help prevent injury and optimize lower back function and performance. The Back Injury Prevention Specialist Course will help you to market yourself to existing and new clients, helping them with preventative back training.
Back Injury Prevention Specialist
GMP Big Advantage – Hybrid Course – Online content with a book. You get instant access to the online part of the course so you can dive in and start learning right away, while the required book is shipped to you. Please note: there will be a shipping charge for the book.
✓ Course Book
✓ Abridged Workbook
✓ Client Session Plan Collection
✓ Microbreak Charts
✓ Spinal Mobility Charts
✓ Trainer & Client Charts
✓ Resource Videos & Articles
✓ Lesson Plan Steps
✓ Final Exam and Instant Grading
✓ Certificate of Completion
✓ Book – included in the price
Note: A shipping charge will apply
Big Bonus: Specialist Designation
✓ After successful completion of the exam, you will earn the Professional Designation of Back Injury Prevention Specialist on your certificate
✓ Your Specialist Designation does not expire and there NO FEES to keep your Credential current
✓ Unlimited Final Exam Retakes
✓ Education Tech Support
✓ All of our online courses have Lifetime—24/7 access to complete
Related Course Options
✓ Back Injury Prevention Specialist CD with ALL Course Components – Optional Purchase
✓ Downloadable or Printed Expanded Course Workbook – Optional Purchase
The Expanded Course Workbook is designed to help you present your results, check your understanding of the material and reinforce important topics from the course. This learning tool is full of descriptions and demonstrations of the techniques discussed in the course. It will help you retain the course information better and prepare you for the exam.
Note: You will have an opportunity to purchase these items in the secured area of the GMP Fitness Online Learning Platform after you buy the course. Shipped by FedEx or USPS. Shipping charges may apply.
• Amplify knowledge of the anatomy of the human back.
• Identify the common risk factors associated with back pain.
• Learn about diagnostic tests and physicians who treat back problems.
• Understand causes of spinal disk herniations, stenosis, osteoporosis and spinal tumors.
• Understand the significance of scientifically based decision making in the measurement and management of back disorders.
• Teach your clients prevention strategies to reduce the risk of back injury.
• Expand knowledge on muscle injuries and myofascial back pain.
• Recognize the types of treatment for back pain.
• Reinforce the importance of all aspects of exercise including stretching.
• Develop knowledge and recognition as to when it is the appropriate time to refer a client to their physician.
• Increased understanding of medical alternatives for clients.
• Recognize the signs, symptoms and contraindications of low back maladies.
• Increased understanding of medical alternatives for clients.
• Acquire a better understanding of the back’s mechanics and risks for injury.
• Understand the normal and injury mechanics of the back.
• Explain the risk factors associated with lumbar/back disorders.
• Discover how to enhance your client’s workout with conditioning exercises to help prevent back injuries.
• Provide appropriate instructional cues for proper exercise technique.
• Discover exercises that prepare your clients for more challenging exercises.
• Discover dynamic core exercises for the back.
• Understand how to properly modify and progress your clients with back injury prevention exercises.
• Educate individuals in lifestyle and prevention strategies to help reduce the risk of low back injury and pain.
• Develop an exercise program that contains safe back exercises and be able to correctly adjust and advance the exercises.
• Identify programming modifications that fitness professionals can employ when instructing clients with specific musculoskeletal restrictions.
• Demonstrate how to correctly execute various back prevention exercises without equipment and with a Stability Ball.
Accreditations & Certification Board Approvals
GMP Fitness is proud to be nationally approved and accredited by the following organizations. If you do not see your certification company in the list below—please contact GMP Fitness at 888-467-3488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (or click here). The course may be pending approval.
✓ ACTION Certification—ACTION—1.1
✓ American Council on Exercise—ACE—0.9
✓ American College of Sports Medicine—ACSM—11
✓ Athletics and Fitness Association of America—AFAA—11
✓ American Fitness Professionals Association—AFPA—11
✓ British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association—BCRPA—11
✓ The Cooper Institute—CI—11
✓ International Fitness Professionals Association—IFPA—11
✓ International Tennis Performance Association*—ITPA—11
✓ International Sports Sciences Association—ISSA—11
✓ International Tennis Performance Association—ITPA*—11
✓ National Academy of Sports Medicine—NASM—1.1
✓National Association for Fitness Certification—NAFC—1.1
✓ National Association of Sports Nutrition—NASN—11
✓ National Council on Strength and Fitness—NCSF—4.5
✓ National Council For Certified Personal Trainers—NCCPT—1.1
✓ National Exercise Trainers Association—NETA—11
✓ National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association—NESTA*—1.1
✓ National Federation of Professional Trainers—NFPT—2.0
✓ National Strength Professionals Association—NSPA—11
✓ Professional Fitness Instructor Training—PFIT—11
✓ American Senior Fitness Association—SFA—1.1
✓ World Instructor Training Schools—WITS—11
ACE (American Council on Exercise)—If you are an ACE Certified Professional and would like to earn CECs for this course please email or call GMP Fitness to find out if this course is going through the approval process.
*NESTA (National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association)—accepts GMP Fitness courses for credits, There MAY be a petition fee.
*ITPA (The International Tennis Performance Association)—ITPA members can earn continuing credits for their certifications through GMP Fitness.
GMP Fitness Exam Facts
✓ Online true/false and/or multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Online exam instructions.
✓ You must pass the exam with 80% or higher.
✓ NO time limit to take the exam.
✓ You can save your final exam if you cannot complete it in one sitting.
✓ Immediate grading and test results.
✓ Instant download to your certificate of achievement.
3 Simple Steps To Get Your Certificate
1. Pass the online final exam.
2. Automatic certificate generation.
3. Download your CEC/CEU Certificate.
Do I get continuing education credits?
You will receive CEUs/CECs credit after you pass the final exam.
How long do I have access to the Specialist Curriculum?
You will have lifetime access to this Specialization Program. There are no time limits or constrictions in this course and you are welcome to revisit the materials as many times as you like.
How long does it take to complete the course?
There is no time limit to complete the course, but we do recommend that you complete the specialist program within 1 year after registration. The length of time required to complete a specific program depends on the individuals’ dedication and available time to study.
Professional (P) Course Prerequisites
Just One Prerequisite … To qualify to take any of the GMP Fitness Courses you must be at least 18 years of age. See our FAQs for more information.
• Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals.
• No Re-certification Fees. Your Specialist Certificate does not expire.
• After successful completion of the final exam, you will earn the professional title of Back Injury Prevention Specialist on your certificate.
Customer Course Support
As part of the GMP Fitness commitment to customer service, you’ll receive unsurpassed, exceptional customer support. Have a question after you purchase the course—contact us at email@example.com or call 888-467-3488.
Back Injury Prevention Specialist Testimonials
Valerie Pedraza, NFPT and ACE Certified Professional
Kelly Snide, AFPA Certified Professional
Nikki Mead, Certified Professional
Jim Ogle. WITS Certified Professional
Andrea Shepard, ACE Certified Professional
Susan G. Moore, AFPA Certified Professional
Valerie, ACE Certified Professional
Elizabeth Schepis, AFPA Certified Professional
Alexandra Bwye, AFPA Certified Professional
Melanie Ash, ACE Certified Professional