Variety is frequently promoted as the way to “shock” your muscles and give you results. However, many of us, once we find a method of exercise we really like, we usually stay with it solely, doing the identical workouts again and again.
Are you stuck in the same fitness routine? Here are five tips to help switch it up and add some variety.
1. Be creative and change your routine to include mobility work, balance, ball training, weight training, body weight training, plyometrics, pilates, yoga and more.
2. Try to learn one alternative form of exercise a week. It gives you a fresh outlook.
3. Make adjustments so that your muscles aren’t getting a repetitive workout.
4. Challenge yourself, but maintain a balance between intense routines and gentler forms of movement. It’s important to listen to your body.
5. Too often individuals will do just upper body or lower body exercise per day. It’s a good idea to do a full body workout at least 2 times a week – which incorporates both lower and upper body movements.
Add some variety to your workout routines and you will feel amazing about your fitness accomplishments.
For more tips and to gain the skills to work with clients with a variety of training options – specialize and become recognized as a Specialist.
Here are just a few GMP Fitness Certification Courses to get you started: