✓ Advanced / 50 Plus Hours
✓ Self-Paced / Comprehensive Distance Education Learning Materials
✓ GMP Fitness offers a variety of Performance Specialist Courses. Check out all the GMP Fitness Performance Specialist Credential Courses here >
WE MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU TO GET YOUR CECS/CEUS
If you do not see your certification company in the list below—please contact GMP Fitness. The course may be pending approval. If not, we can go over simple options to help you get your CECs/CEUs for this course. The same applies for all certification companies below where you see call or email.
You get a GREAT COURSE, a NEW CREDENTIAL and VALUABLE CECS/CEUS.
Just call GMP Fitness at 888-467-3488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org because we want the process of getting your CECs/CEUs to be easy for you and we help many individuals when a course is pending approval or is not currently approved. It takes only a few minutes to go over the options to help you get your CECs/CEUs quickly and easily and we are more than happy to assist you!
Accreditations & Certification Board Approvals
GMP Fitness is proud to be nationally approved and accredited by the following organizations. Renew your continuing education requirements with almost every major certifying agency and obtain valuable education to expand your training. The continuing education hours or CEC/CEU point value is different for each association.
✓ American Council on Exercise—ACE—call or email**
✓ American College on Sports Medicine—ACSM—30+
✓ Aquatic Exercise Association—AEA—call or email**
✓ America Fitness Professionals Association—AFAA—call or email**
✓ America Fitness Professionals Association—AFPA—call or email**
✓ British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association—BCRPA—40
✓ The Cooper Institute—CI—30+
✓ International Fitness Professionals Association—IFPA—30+
✓ International Tennis Performance Association—ITPA*—30+
✓ International Sports Sciences Association—ISSA—30+
✓ National Academy of Sports Medicine—NASM—call or email**
✓ National Association of Sports Nutrition—NASN—30+
✓ National Council on Strength and Fitness—NCSF—8
✓ National Council For Certified Personal Trainers—NCCPT—1.9
✓ National Exercise Trainers Association—NETA—30+
✓ National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association—NESTA*
✓ National Federation of Professional Trainers—NFPT—2
✓ National Strength Professionals Association—NSPA—30+
✓ Professional Fitness Instructor Training—PFIT—30+
✓ World Instructor Training Schools—WITS—30+
*Note: NESTA (National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association) accepts GMP Fitness courses for credits, however a CEU Petition Form will need to be filled out and there may be a small fee.
**Note: At this time, GMP Fitness is not on the list of pre-approved providers. You are still free to utilize this course for CECs/CEUs. You would just need to petition the course for CEC/CEU credit and we are more than happy to assist you with this! We make the petition process simple and smooth … not complicated at all … it’s really that EASY!!! So just call or email GMP Fitness at 888-467-3488 or email email@example.com.
*Note: The International Tennis Performance Association (ITPA)—ITPA members can earn continuing credits for their certifications through GMP Fitness.
✓ Online true/false and multiple/choice final exam.
✓ Currently there are NO exam fees. Take as many times as needed. This will change in 2017. If you order in 2016 even if you take the exam in 2017 there are NO exam fees.
✓ Online exam instructions are included in the package.
✓ Course outline and instructions included in your package.
✓ Course reflective activity labs and important reasoning questions.
✓ Take all the time you need to practice, study and make the course materials your own through practice and repetition.
✓ No travel is necessary.
✓ Study at your own pace.
✓ Valuable CEUS/CECs.
✓ Online exam—complete when you are ready.
✓ Training plans that you can customize.
✓ Credibility & increased salary potential.
✓ Member discount offers coming soon.
✓ Various low-tech tools (for example – G Ball, balance discs, domes and foam rollers).
Just One Prerequisite … To qualify to take any of the GMP Fitness Courses you must be at least 18 years of age.
While anyone over the age of 18 years old can complete the educational content included in the GMP Fitness Courses we do recommend a few of things for the the Performance Specialist Courses.
• Knowledge of English and arithmetic.
• High school diploma or equivalency.
• A background with fitness equipment and exercises.
• Note: Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) will only be applied for certified fitness professionals or other health professionals.
The Triathlon Performance Specialist is a certification that every triathlete should own.
• Access to reliable and extensively used training principles and programs with a multitude of techniques and tactics.
• Strategies for training, fueling, recovery and mental preparation.
• Credible research, proven techniques expert advice.
• Simple techniques you can apply with your clients right away!
Learn Special Topics, Training & Research
• The proper training for triathlon cycling, swimming and running.
• The hazards facing triathletes and how they can be prevented.
• The triathlon transitions.
• Why a wetsuit will improve your swimming leg.
• How to survive the triathlon start.
• Why cycling cadence is important.
• What hill training does for you.
Discover Injury Prevention Strategies
• How to prevent overtraining and stay fresh, strong and injury free.
• Strength training for endurance purposes, combined with aerobic and cardiovascular training.
• Why the lower back muscles can be the source of a triathletes ailments, ranging from sciatica to hip pain or burning pain in lower extremities and how core conditioning can help prevent this.
• How to boost triathlon training with effective exercise for triathletes.
• How to develop outstanding training plans for an array of triathlon methods based on individual client goals.
• How proper exercise can help prevent injury.
• Heat-related illnesses—symptoms and first-aid and treatment.
• Hydration suggestions for triathletes.
• Nutritional tips and methods for triathletes.
• The answer on why orthotics can enhance performance and efficiency.
• The importance of heart rate monitoring.
• The benefit of self-myofascial release techniques to inhibit overactive muscles.
• Foam rolling to speed workout recovery and boost performance.
• Why it is important to warm-up and cool down.
• What a sports massage can do for a triathlete.
• A basic understanding of joint movement.
• Phases of the walking gait cycle.
Study Triathlon Injury Prevention & Treatment
• Common triathlon injuries, causes and recovery.
• Detailed information of each injury and how they can best be avoided.
• Diagnosis, treatment options and what a triathlete can do.
• Proper care and rehabilitation to ensure triathletes return to sport as quickly as possible.
• Symptoms, recovery, rehabilitation and prevention tips.
• Restoring high speed, power and agility.
• Reestablishing proprioception and normal range of motion.
….. And so much more!!!!